Kuala Lumpur, 2 July 2021 – Touch ‘n Go Group is proud to announce its partnership with the Ministry of Finance of Malaysia (MOF) and the Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC) to drive the Belanjawan 2021 (National Budget) initiatives, aimed to support local businesses and encourage online purchases.
The Go-eCommerce Onboarding and Shop Malaysia Online (SMO) campaigns, as announced by MDEC, runs from 1 July to 31 December2021.
“As the pandemic continues to fuel eWallet adoption and digital payments, getting more SME and Micro merchants to adopt e-commerce and e-payment platforms via Touch ‘n Go eWallet is something that we strongly encourage as these merchants will have access to more than 16million users across Malaysia. With the country moving towards digitalisation and ePayments, Touch ‘n Go eWallet is the obvious choice for both merchants and shoppers,” said Ignatius Ong, Chief Executive Officer, TNG Digital Sdn Bhd.
Through the onboarding campaign, each micro enterprise, small medium business or Malaysian individual (without a business registration) that successfully register with Touch ‘n Go eWallet during the campaign period will be entitled to a RM20 subsidy for their first successful sale transacted. This is limited to the first 80,000 new Touch ‘n Go eWallet merchants approved within the campaign period.
Meanwhile, the SMO campaign, the second time that Touch ‘n Go eWallet is participating in, will help drive the Government incentives to entice new and current users to shop digitally. Users may pick either cashback or promo code voucher of their choice with every two (2) transactions made – both online and in-store, to be eligible for the reward.
“In these trying times and through such consumer campaigns, our expanding user base provides small traders the opportunity to sustain, if not thrive, especially as consumers move towards online shopping and contactless transactions. Touch ‘n Go eWallet merchants can also benefit from our promotional initiatives and business communications assets,” added Ong.
Visit https://www.tngdigital.com.my/ to register as a merchant for the Go-eCommerce Onboarding Campaign or for more info on getting rewarded from Shop Malaysia Online.
Related Press Releases
- Bernama News - TnG Group partners MoF, MDEC to accelerate e-commerce, online shopping
- Malay Mail - TnG Group partners Finance Ministry, MDEC to accelerate e-commerce, online shopping
- NST - TnG joins hands with MoF, MDEC to drive local businesses, encourage online purchases
- Dagang News - Touch ‘n Go joined forces with MOF and MDEC to accelerate e-commerce and online shopping
- MSN.com - TnG joins hands with MoF, MDEC to drive local businesses, encourage online purchases
- Malaysia News - TnG Group partners Finance Ministry, MDEC to accelerate e-commerce, online shopping
- World Akkam - TnG Group is accelerating e-commerce and online shopping in partnership with MoF and MDEC
- Head Topics Malaysia - TnG Group partners Finance Ministry, MDEC to accelerate e-commerce, online shopping | Malay Mail
- Astro Awani - TnG Group bekerjasama dengan MoF, MDEC percepat e-dagang, berbelanja dalam talian
- The Star - Touch ‘n Go in tie-up to accelerate online shopping
- The Star - Touch ‘n Go in tie up to accelerate online shopping
- Radio Nasional (87.7); Berita Ringkas 10pm - Mengumumkan Kerjasama Dengan Kementerian Kewangan & MDEC
- The Edge - TnG Group partners MoF, MDEC to accelerate e-commerce, online shopping
- Zulyusmar.com - Touch ‘n Go Group supports Malaysian businesses
- Harian Metro - TnG lancar 2 kempen bantu penjual
- Malay.News - TnG lancar 2 kempen bantu penjual